Clicker or Smartphone?
You'll need the correct device with the required specifications, so please check with your instructor! Be sure to check with your professor before planning to use a web-enabled device in place of a clicker. Although we provide technical support for students using smart phones and laptops as clickers, not all professors allow web devices to be used in their classrooms, so be sure to check.
Buying a Clicker:
You can purchase a clicker at either the University Book Center in the Stamp Student Union or directly from Turning Technologies (Note: prices quoted below, as of August 2014):
* Bookstore purchase option: Visit the University Book Center in the Stamp Student Union -- RF-LCD model (Product ID RFC-03): available for $40.55
* Turning Technologies online purchase option: Turning technologies Online Store (be sure to use discount code: gGRS.) RF-LCD (Product ID RFC-03): $32.00 + shipping
Get a Rebate! Turning Technologies is also offering a $15 rebate for any new RF-LCDs purchased. Just visit https://rebates.turningtechnologies.com/and use the code RuMCP1 for the University of Maryland.
To purchase from the bookstore:
Step 1: Go to the University Book Center lower level (near the area where the textbooks are kept)
Step 2: Go directly to the cashier (clickers kept behind the counter).
Step 3: Ask for a ResponseCard RF-LCD keypad. Specifications are as follows:
Buying a ResponseWare License (to use with web-enabled devices):
*IMPORTANT NOTE*: Your professor must allow web-enabled devices in the classroom for this option to work. Check with your professor or syllabus to determine if this option is right for you before purchasing a ResponseWare license. To purchase the license, go to the Clickers Registration page and select "Set up ResponseWare."
- Follow the directions at the "Set up ResponseWare" page to create a Turning Account.
- Be sure to use School Discount code: gGRS
- Select ResponseWare - 12-Month License or 48-Month License (4 Years).
- Read the information provided before purchasing to be sure your situation meets all the conditions.
- Set up your ResponseWare account and learn how to log in during class by reading the ResponseWare Basic Participant Guide.
Don't Forget to Register!
After you've purchased your clicker or ResponseWare license, click on "Students" on the lefthand side of this page and visit the "Registration" page to register your device so you'll get credit for your responses in class.
If you have any questions, please contact the Clicker Support Team by using the "Contact Us" link on the lefthand side of this page.