You'll need the correct keypad with the required specifications, so please check with your instructor! Also be sure to check with your professor before planning to use a web-enabled device in place of a clicker. We will provide technical support for students using smart phones and laptops as clickers, however some professors do not allow web devices to be used in their classrooms, so be sure to check.
Buying a Keypad (Clicker):
You can purchase a clicker at either the University Book Center in the Stamp Student Union or directly from TurningPoint (Note: prices quoted below, as of January 2014):
* Bookstore purchase option: Visit the University Book Center in the Stamp Student Union -- RF-LCD model (Product ID RFC-03): used $39.99 and new for $50.60
* TurningPoint online purchase option: TurningPoint online store (be sure to use discount code: gGRS.) RF-LCD (Product ID RFC-03): $32.00 + shipping
* Get a Rebate! Turning Technologies is also offering a $15 rebate for any new RF-LCDs purchased. Just visit https://rebates.turningtechnologies.com/and use the code RuMCP1 for the University of Maryland.
To purchase from the bookstore:
Step 1: Go to the University Book Center lower level (near the area where the textbooks are kept)
Step 2: Go directly to the cashier (clickers are only found behind the counters).
Step 3: Ask for a ResponseCard RF-LCD keypad. Specifications are as follows:
Buying a ResponseWare License (Code to use with web-enabled devices):
*IMPORTANT NOTE*: Your professor must allow for ResponseWare Web polling access to the presentation. Check with your professor or syllabus to determine if this option is right for you..
- To purchase the license, go to the TurningTechnologies Online Store (http://store.turningtechnologies.com).
- Be sure to use school Discount code: gGRS
- Select ResponseWare - 12-Month License or 48-Month License (4 Years).
- Read the information provided before purchasing to be sure your situation meets all the conditions.
- Set up your ResponseWare account and learn how to log in during class by reading the ResponseWare Basic Participant Guide.
Don't Forget to Register!
After you've purchased your clicker or ResponseWare license, click on "Students" on the lefthand side of this page and visit the "Registration" page to register your device so you'll get credit for your responses in class.
If you have any questions, please contact the Clicker Support Team by using the "Contact Us" link on the lefthand side of this page.